Thursday, January 17, 2008

Email to Trader Joe's

Below is the email I just sent to TJ's about their scotch bottling. I will post their response:

To Whom it May Concern:

I recently started a blog called "Scotchytime" at www.scotchytime.blogspot.com. I am drafting a post on Trader Joe's scotch and I am seeking some information from the source. With your permission, I will post your answers in their entirety on my blog.

Here are my questions:

What company/group bottles the scotches you buy from the distilleries? Can you describe the process they use (what water they cut the scotch with, etc.)?

Why do some of your scotch taste diluted, like the Bowmore 18 and to a lesser extent the Macallan 10, but other of your scotches taste just fine, like your Glen Grant 10?

What additional scotches can we expect on the West coast, Midwest and East Coast? Can you give us a "preview of coming attractions?"

How can Macallan and other distilleries afford to sell you casks of their scotch for so cheap? How can you sell such high quality scotches for so cheap (other than the obvious answers, like wholesale discounts).

Please provide any other information you think scotch enthusiasts would like to hear.

Thanks in advance for your time. I appreciate the information.

2 comments:

Charlie Fu said...

sup guy, you truly are a scotch kind of guy.

Walrus said...

What's up ChuckFu! Glad to see you checked out my blog. I'll link ya up.